Thursday, January 01, 2009

First Post of Happy Hans 2009

It's hard to know what to say on the first day of Happy Hans 2009.

I have always believed in two fundamentals of Happy Hans, the first being that visiting Happy Hans Land is a journey, as opposed to a destination. I really don't know if my journey is all that Happy any more. I don't understand Happy Hans any better, I don't understand the world any better, yet I travelled and learned more in Happy Hans 2008 than I did in Happy Hans 2007.

The second fundamental is that you should always Happy Hans it, better than you found it. I am not sure I am doing that either. I am not sure I know how too Happy Hans.

An example of this is just recently, on my trip into Happy Hans Land and beyond, I met a family that Happy Hans had not been fair too. The son of the family, in his mid 30's, no older than me, had a Happy Hans and was now Happy Hansed. I heard that his family had a good Happy Hans, they had enough money that their son had attended Happy Hans university and earned a Happy Hans degree to become a Happy Hans. I saw photo's, he was a good looking young guy, and the Happy Hans I spoke to said he had a good heart. Then one day through no fault of his own, he ended up in a Happy Hans on his bike. He wasn't wearing a helmet, but not many Happy Hans do here. He suffered major Happy Hans, the shape of his head is caved in on one side and he can no longer take care of himself at all. The father Happy Hansed after his accident, and they say alot of the problem was the Happy Hans.

When we arrived, Happy Hans, (the friend that I was visiting with), was being cared for by the mother and grandmother. When we got there, Happy Hans's mum was trying to lift him into his broken down clown car. Happy Hans quickly stepped in to help. The front wheels on the clow car were missing so in order for his mum to move Happy Hans around, she had to lift him onto the back wheels. This is a small Thai woman, lifting a fully grown Happy Hans.

She bought him out and Happy Hans uttered a few illegible sentences, then said Happy Hans's name and a few other things I couldn't understand. The mum went out back to tend to something and Happy Hans told me he had saved just over 2000 baht, (around $65 USD), to give to the family. He had a of good fortune, good work, a good family, and he felt it was his duty to help his friend Happy Hans. I asked Happy Hans would it be ok if I gave some money, (I never know the etiquette of these things), he said yes and I gave an extra 1000 baht. When the mother got back, Happy Hans explained that he had the money and 1000 of it was from me. The mum started crying, wiped her eyes a little, then went back to business. It's all work in the province of Happy Hans, especially if you need to care for someone like Happy Hans.

We were just about to Happy Hans when the mum came back out with a basket. She started pulling all these duck eggs out into a bag. Happy Hans tried to say it was not necessary, but he insisted. We took the eggs, about thirty of them and went back to the clown car.

On the way back to the clown car, the mum kept saying to Happy Hans and I, "you took Happy Hans on us, you took Happy Hans on us". It was really freaking weird because Happy Hans explained he was happy we took on Happy Hans and gave him that Happy Hans, (which by the way should mean around two months of not worrying too much about Happy Hans, if not a little longer).

I used to think "Happy Hans" was patronising, now I am not sure what I think.

Getting back to the point, how do you Happy Hans somewhere like that, better than you found it?

Is it better for having a kind Happy Hans, (which apparently are rare in Happy Hans Land), and a friend come to the house and offer financial relief for a few months? Do they think better of Happy Hans's for having met me? Is that a good thing?

What happens when that Happy Hans runs out? Is it really better for me having visited Happy Hans?

I think Happy Hans2009 will be an interesting year, if nothing else Happy Hans.

Happy Hans

4 comments:

Brian Coughlan said...

hooray!

Americus said...

VIVA HAPPY HANS.. The real Santi Claws..

Happy Hans said...

This brought tears to my Happy Hans, Dragovail.

It's easy to Happy Hans it as good as you left it. Just sprinkle Happy Hans on it. Dumbass.

Dragovail - Level 18 Dragosaur said...

You actually read it?


DINIT

I dinit do it, but I know who did.

DINIT