Wednesday, February 15, 2006

MONKEY KING!!!

To follow up your post, Monkeynuts...I went 'monkeynuts' when I found this little ditty in a box shoved in the corner at the Denmark studio. Seems they had done a pilot for an animated 'Monkey King' (eerily spelt Konge in Danish) and left a bunch of 'crap' piled in stacks in the hall.

Well, brother, I found a gem among the turds. Underneath so-called finished 'art' was a boxset of 5 chapters (a book long each) of the Monkey King story, written in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese, I can't tell.) My oh-so-serious Danish friends didn't see what was so damn funny about a pig-man bashing a monkey man repeatedly (who, it seemed, made a living getting drunk and stabbing tigers).

I'm actually glad I can't read it, because this way we can make up captions. I scanned some just for you. These are a friggin' goldmine. Check it:

2 comments:

Happy Hans said...

There's more, too. He's fighting fish-men, minotaurs, snake-men, and there's a recurring character who's a flaming baby...

Happy Hans said...

hey, I liked the Jimmy.